RECOMMENDATIONS FROM TALENT AGENTS AND EVENT PLANNERS
Bob Cates is a Canadian Juggling Champion, clean comedian and physical variety artist trusted by event planners for over 22 years. He keeps audiences laughing with comedy routines involving advanced juggling, wild unicycling and balancing skills, magic, black light, lasers, and an insane 21 real plate spinning finale that has to be seen to be believed. With thousands of successful shows in a multitude of venues and countries, Bob Cates delivers his award winning Comedy in Motion show to global business executives with class, wit and charm. It's entertainment that's guaranteed to make you look good, and to leave your audience on their feet with applause.
TROY-HAYNER CULTURAL CENTRE OHIO, Terrilynn Meece, Program Coordinator
- May I take just a moment out of this crazy schedule to say how much I appreciate having you here for our Valentine Dinner and a Show event? I try not to depend on my intuition about performers. Every performer intends to do a good job! But from the moment I first met you I knew we would have a happy, safe and exceptional experience. Throughout the year when I spoke of the upcoming show, I would talk about your crazy antics but I would also talk about the ease of your smile and the way you could light up a room with your generous spirit. I was right about you.
I have been working to build the Valentine Dinner into a really wonderful experience for our guests. The Hayner has never seen anything like the show you and Jane put on! Unicycles?! Laser lights! Flying knives??? What did you say? “Turn around with your back to me and throw me the juggling pins”! Sky-high costume changes? You found a bottle of water where? Magic Yo-yos! It was a very special couple of nights. One I will always remember with fondness and pride.
Thank you for your stellar professionalism. The business of comedy is a serious thing; at least it is to yours-truly event coordinator. It meant so much to us to know you would always be and do exactly as you had represented yourself. This kind of trust helps so much when we find you juggling knives seven feet above our guests.
...and if I could give you one tip...it is more exciting if you break some plates. Don’t do the perfect version of plate spinning!
ALAN SANDS ENTERTAINMENT, Alan Sands
- There is no one I can recommend higher than Bob Cates. He is a consummate professional in every way. His honesty and integrity go beyond anyone I have ever met. Bob's talents at entertaining are of the highest caliber.
Bob's appearance and attention to professional details before, during and after every event he does can not be better, and I can not help but admire his ability to keep his family first while making his business run smoothly always.
I honestly would not hesitate to use Bob Cates for anything he said he can do. His word is his honor code. I would stand by him, with him and support him in any way, at any time because he has shown such outstanding integrity in everything he has ever done in out 15 year relationship. I'd even loan him money!
MITCHELL ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES LTD. Margie Zahn
- I first saw Bob Cates at a large “corporate Christmas” event, in Red Deer, Alberta, where I was a guest. There were over 1500 people in that arena-type room and for a whole hour, Bob had them totally transfixed.
I was so amazed with Bob’s show that I booked him for a major event for one of my most important clients. So impressed were they with Bob’s performance that they immediately called and arranged to have him back again the following year. I have been working with this client for over 15 years and that was the first time that they repeated a performer a year later.
I have since booked Bob for other highly successful engagements and I have told him that I wished he lived in Alberta so that I could book him all of the time!
His professional attitude, quick wit and amazing showmanship and skill combine to make him the ideal entertainer.
I would highly recommend Bob Cates to all of my clients. I wish him every success.
CAROL PRIEST ENTERTAINMENT, Carol Priest
- ...regarding a 17 year client of mine, I can honestly say that you've been our favourite. That must be nice to know. ! Your show is so very clever, and equally as entertaining for both the adults and the children. Your level of skill and talent is extraordinary and it was a total treat to be entertained. The music, the props, your engaging way of relating and personalizing everything to our group, reigns supreme.
I had numerous guests who made a point of letting me know how fantastic they found your show. So Bob, thank you so very much for bringing all that you are to the stage. I hope we'll have you again.. very soon in fact.
And others need only call me and I'll let them know that you are simply the best, if your stellar reputation hasn't already proceeded you.
ESP ENTERTAINMENT, Elwood Syracuse
- I've hired Bob Cates many times with great success. In most cases, my clients rebook Bob for other events. His show in clean, funny, fast-paced and includes elements of exceptional skill and even historical significance. I highly recommend Bob Cates!
BACKSTAGE EVENTS, Leandra Ruttan
- It is always a pleasure working with Bob Cates and his team. He is a true professional who provides unique entertainment with a witty sense of humour! We look forward to working with Bob Cates in the near future!
RTG SPECIAL EVENTS, Rose Timmerman Gitzi
- It was a pleasure working with Bob for a Holiday event. Bob was very accommodating and was able to read the crowd and provide an entertaining and clean show.
CREATIVE MEETING & MARKETING SERVICES, Ingrid Norrish
- An entertaining show that captured the audience's attention from start to finish. The show was fun, memorable and appropriate for all groups and ages.
THE GINGRICH GROUP INC, Gale Gingrich, CAAP, CMP
- From the very first moment, the crowd was captivated. I would highly recommend Bob. He is extremely professional and a delight to work with.
WONDER ENTERTAINMENT AND PRODUCTIONS INC., Derek Selenger, President
- This last December, I was empowered to write and direct a variety show for a large oil investment company. I entitled the show “A Starry Night” and set out to find entertainers that were just that… stars. I wanted a classic Sullivan feel with a modern twist to entertain 400 or so guests at the beautiful Banff Springs Hotel.
I chose Bob Cates to be the closing act for the show, and it was an excellent decision. Bob had the audience laughing and amazed throughout his routine. I can think of no better way that I would have closed the show.
I was also very impressed by Bob’s professionalism and how easy he was to work with. Whenever a show is constructed of multiple artists, there can be conflicts. This was not the case with Bob. He was a pleasure to work with and a joy to watch.
I would recommend Bob Cates without hesitation for any event that desires to provide an extra special piece of entertainment. I am certain after your event, you will agree with what I have expressed in this letter, and will likely be able to add to it in many ways.
MOVE IN, Corrina Lobbezo, Event Planner
- Bob is a delight to watch perform. He grabbed our audience's attention and kept it, bringing up the mood and energy of the group. If you have Bob perform for your fundraiser or event as we did, you won't regret it! Bob's work is polished and professional. He's definitely no diva though; he rolled with the punches. For example, he showed up to perform but the auditorium wasn't dark enough for the glow-in-the-dark routine he had planned. So he quickly sorted out another routine and performed it, without me, the event planner, even knowing there had been a glitch. It's great to be able to count on Bob
SPOTLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCTIONS, Sean Corson, CEO
- For years Spotlight Entertainment Productions has been using Comedy in Motion with Bob Cates as one of our headliners to raise funds for different charities. We work with the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation raising for them 400,000 dollars to date . The Waterloo Regional Down Syndrome Society raising over 50,000 to date and the Sunbeam Centre for the Developmentally Challenged raising over 150,000 to date. It is our goal to provide top notch entertainment for the thousands of people who come to the shows in our large scale venues. That is why we have often used Bob Cates as the closer – his show is amazing, funny, big, and is great for all ages. It’s hard to find top quality, clean entertainers today – but Comedy in Motion always comes through with flying colours. He’s a professional from beginning to end. And with his innovative, hilarious show, he’s sure to go far. I highly recommend Comedy in Motion with Bob Cates to anyone who wants to not only entertain and amaze their audiences, but have them talking about your event long into the future
ADMARK CORPORATE SPORTS, Rudi Tomiczek
- I brought Bob Cates in to perform at a corporate fundraiser/Golf tournament that I was planning based on a recommendation from someone who had seen his show. As an event planner, it can be difficult to find a professional quality, entertaining show that will appeal to a wide variety of people, but Bob’s show really exceeded my expectations.
Bob put on a show for a group of golfers who had been on the links all day and then had enjoyed a big meal and he was able to completely captivate them with his skills and with his interactive comedy.
Bob has a great stage presence, and interacts with the audience in a very effective way. The show itself is fast moving and permeated by witty humor and amazing skill. Bob is more than “just a juggler”. He is a professional entertainer who physical skills and sheer talent are a perfect compliment to his witty on-stage banter.
Practically speaking, Bob is very organized in his dealings and carries out his end of the contract faithfully. Bob was prepared, courteous and on-time, and it was a pleasure working with him.
Bob’s “Comedy in Motion” Show is innovative, professional and truly entertaining, just what every event planner is looking for! So, if you are looking for a show that will truly entertain audiences of all kinds, Bob Cates is the man for you. I would not hesitate in recommending Bob to anyone.
SANDY COVE, Nate Ransil, Director of Programing
- Recently I brought Bob Cates and his Comedy In Motion show in to perform at a New Years Eve event at our conference center. It’s a bit of a challenge because we feed our guests a huge prime rib dinner, and then rely on our performers to be engaging enough to keep them awake and having fun all the way till midnight. Well, Bob was up to the challenge, and kept the entire audience mesmerized throughout his whole performance. Our guests were primarily middle aged, but we also had some well older than that, and maybe a dozen or so kids in the mix, just to make it extra tricky. This did not hinder Bob at all – his performance had everyone enthralled, regardless of their age! Though he makes it look effortless, Bob obviously has spent countless hours honing his amazing skills, and the result is a flawless show beyond what anyone would think possible. And as good as his physical skills are, Bobs people skills are at least as good, and he does a tremendous job interacting with the audience and working them into the show. Even though we tried to tell them ahead of time, I think our guests were unprepared for how good this show was, and it really blew them away! People kept asking me “How do you find these people?” which as an event planner, is exactly what I want to hear.
Also as an event planner, I am looking for performers who are easy to work with, as there are plenty of the alternative out there. Bob Cates and his wife Jane excel in this area. Bob has enough attention to detail to give me confidence that everything is going to go off without a hitch, while being as laid back and easy going as could be. We put a lot of parameters on him, with limited times for load in and set up, low ceilings over the wings of the stage, other performers needing to immediately utilize the stage, and having him split his show into two parts, to name a few. Bob defined flexibility before, during and after his show and took all of the potential stress out of the production. Bob is a true professional, is amazing at what he does, and it is evident that he loves doing it too. For all of these reasons, I would not hesitate to bring him back to our stage to perform for any of our events.
BRENWAY SHOWS, Wayne Garden, President
- I have been producing shows of all varieties for many years now and in all different venues. I grew up in the Circus business and therefore over the years have seen thousands of performers, I therefore consider myself to be an excellent judge of talent. Bob is equally thrilling to adult audiences as well as family audiences and can easily adapt to any venue or situation you have in mind. In short, I highly recommend Bob Cates as an entertainer in any circumstance.
HAMILTON WENTWORTH CREATIVE ARTS, Bill Powell, General Manager
- Bob Cates is an audience sensitive performer who reads the audience and plays them to the hilt.