Fairs & Festivals Letters of Recommendation
Bob Cates is a Canadian Juggling Champion, clean comedian and physical variety artist trusted by event planners for over 22 years. He keeps audiences laughing with comedy routines involving advanced juggling, wild unicycling and balancing skills, magic, black light, lasers, and an insane 21 real plate spinning finale that has to be seen to be believed. With thousands of successful shows in a multitude of venues and countries, Bob Cates delivers his award winning Comedy in Motion show to global business executives with class, wit and charm. It's entertainment that's guaranteed to make you look good, and to leave your audience on their feet with applause.
THE WESTERN FAIR, Anne Eadie, Attractions & Entertainment Manager
- We are London's major annual event and have been twice-named Canada's Major Fair of the Year, so selecting the right attractions is very important to us. Bob proved himself to be not just immensely talented, but versatile, funny, extremely co-operative and a genuinely nice guy! His audiences loved him, and he displayed a rare knack for engrossing them -- physically and emotionally -- in his performance. Another huge plus with this young man is that his act is completely packaged and self-contained, totally portable and affordable! With the greatest of pleasure, I confidently recommend Bob Cates to anyone who is faced with the challenge of providing family-oriented, fun-filled, reliable entertainment for any event -- whether it's for one day or many!
Your show just seems to get better and better, Bob - it never ceases to amaze me how you do what you do, and have such fun with the audience every time. Whether they were kids, seniors, or somewhere in-between you really have a knack for keeping them in the palm of your hand, and as always, it was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations on another successful year … I wouldn't be at all surprised if you won Best Entertainer again … you've certainly got my vote!
NORFOLK COUNTY FAIR, Sharon Judd
- Once again, Bob your act was outstanding! Thank you so much for providing us with such a comedic and awesome show. The addition of the stilts to your strolling act was a real hit with all ages of fair visitors and your new plate spinning act was just smashing!
You certainly lived up to your "Best Entertainer of the Year" title. Thank you for helping to make our fair a success.
SASKATCHEWAN BUFFALO DAYS, Tom Mulling, Manager
- Bob Cates "Comedy in Motion" show played the Buffalo Days Exhibition in Regina, Saskatchewan to rave reviews. Thanks Bob for making our Fair a great success. I recommend other fairs experience the quality of a first class show "Comedy in Motion."
CANADIAN NATIONAL EXHIBITION, Deanne Vendramin, Event Coordinator Attractions
- I have had the pleasure of working with Comedy in Motion juggler, Bob Cates as an entertainer on the Feature Stage in KidsWorld for the 2000 Canadian National Exhibition. Bob Cates is not only an extremely entertaining juggler, but he is also very talented using innovative material and a variety of fun music for people of all ages to enjoy. His professionalism and personable attitude was a bonus working with him on and off stage.
Bob Cates' performance was great! It was catchy and fun with a lot of audience involvement. The children and parents completely enjoyed his performance and everyone was quite impressed and had a terrific time. The juggling workshops were a hit and it was a fun and educational addition to KidsWorld. The patrons had a chance to learn how to juggle from a professional performer. I highly recommend Comedy in Motion with Bob Cates, especially if you want to enjoy a versatile, fun and unique show for all ages.
Congratulations on a performance well-done and for making a lasting impression on the audiences and staff who watched.
RODNEY FAIR, Suzanne Mcgregor
- There were two little fellows in the front row of the group that were seated right at the stage. They were laughing so hard I thought that they were going to fall off their chairs! We'll be having you back again, and it doesn't really matter what the weather is like.
MILTON FAIR, Marilyn Gooding, Secretary Treasurer, Halton Agricultural Society
- What was so great about your show was that it appealed to both young and old. We have had nothing but positive comments about you and your show. Also, thank you for being so accommodating when it came to set up. We would be more than willing to recommend your show to other organizations like ours. It is good family entertainment at an affordable price.
SIMCOE FAIR, Syl J. Culver, Manager, Norfolk Agricultural Society
- Bob was thoroughly professional, punctual, co-operative and hard working. He was always eager and willing to do whatever was asked of him and with his walk around feature was able to draw crowds to other shows during his tours. Bob was equally thrilling to adult audiences as well as family audiences and could easily adapt to any venue or situation. We wholeheartedly recommend Bob as an excellent entertainer in any circumstances
FOREST FAIR, Marian McColl, Co-Chairman Forest Ambassador Committee
- Thank you again for performing at our Ambassador Competition. We really enjoyed your act. Our Master of ceremonies is in the entertainment business and I would like to pass along his comments to you. Steve G. told us that we had such a high standard of entertainment at our competition this year with Comedy in Motion that we would have a hard time in the future to find an act as enjoyable or as high standard as Comedy in Motion. We worried each year how we can find entertainment that will be entertaining to all age groups as we have three generations of families attending our event. Our problem each year is to find good clean wholesome fun with out losing our young adult or teen audience. I watched from the audience the faces of some of our young people as they were thoroughly caught up in your act. They were applauding as vigorously as the rest of the audience. So Bob, thank you for a job well done and I hope to book you again.
RED RIVER EXHIBITION WINNIPEG, Ronn Enns Events Manager
- You are a great value-added feature to our family attractions. It is always a pleasure working with acts that conduct all aspects of their show in
a cooperative, professional manner and you are certainly one of those acts.
TORONTO WINTER CARNIVAL, Joe Novak, Programming Manager
- On behalf of the City of Toronto Special Events Team, I would like to thank you for your truly outstanding performances at the Toronto Winter Carnival. Your professionalism and pleasant nature made your performances shine! You filled the tent with lots of fun and received a tremendous audience response. We also received great reviews from our staff..."He has a great sense of humour"!
Once again, thanks for being a part of the Winter Carnival and in presenting a day of great performances. It was a pleasure working with you and it is my pleasure to recommend you wholeheartedly to my fellow & associate presenters!
EDMONTON INTERNATIONAL STREET PERFORMERS FESTIVAL, Dick Finkel Producer
- I had the pleasure of working with Bob Cates during our recently completed 12th Annual Edmonton International Street Performers Festival (July 12 - 21). During our ten days together I found Bob to be thoroughly professional. He was punctual, co-operative and hard working. His skills are well developed and his "patter" is excellent. He got along well with his fellow artists and he was always eager and willing to do whatever was asked of him. I wholeheartedly recommend Bob and am certain he will be an asset to any production in which he appears.
EARTHSONG FESTIVAL HAMILTON, Doris Sanchez
- Thank you for being a part of Earthsong Festival and helping us make it a success. As organizers, we were bowled over at the quality of your performance and positive public response.
KINGSTON BUSKER RENDEZVOUS, Gary H. Bennett, Mayor, City of Kingston, Ontario.
- May I extend to you our sincere congratulations on your well-earned People's Choice Award victory in the 9th annual Buskers Rendezvous. Your unique and extraordinary talents were a crowd pleaser wherever you performed. You are a remarkable individual and for myself, it was indeed a pleasure to meet you during your visit to our community. The City of Kingston looks forward to your return.
SINGAPORE RIVER BUSKER FESTIVAL, Jimmy Wong, Director
- On behalf of our Singapore Tourism Board and the organizing Committee of the first Singapore River Buskers Festival 97, we would like to thank you for the wonderful performance. Despite the being in a new country, the humid weather and uncharted territories the Singapore River Buskers Festival turned out to be a tremendous success receiving only overwhelming commendation from the Singaporeans and visitors. Your efforts contributed to the festival reflected the dedication and conscientiousness of your chosen profession ... certainly an attribution that deserves nothing less than an extolation.
Once again, we would like to express our sincerely appreciation for the good work and look forward to another opportunity to work with you.