TESTIMONIALS FROM 175+ HEADLINE SHOWS AT FAMILY RESORTS
BAYVIEW WILDWOOD RESORT, Jason Stanton, Recreation Manager (2013)
- Bob Cates recently performed here at Bayview Wildwood Resort throughout the summer of 2013. Bob performed his Comedy in Motion show for hundreds of our guests here at the resort and the comments were fantastic. Our guests loved every aspect of his show, saying that he was ‘amazing’, ‘professional’ and ‘very entertaining’.
Bob’s show is great for all ages; he knows how to connect with his audience whether they are young or just young at heart. First of all Bob is a very talented juggler, plate spinner, unicyclist, magician and dancer. When he combines all that talent with some awesome special effects and comedy it is honestly one of the best entertainment acts we have ever had here at Bayview Wildwood Resort.
Personally speaking dealing with Bob is always a pleasure, he is professional, always on time and he and his family are always very pleasant and sociable. From an Entertainment Manager’s perspective, I never have to worry about Bob’s show; I know the guests will thoroughly enjoy his show with no complaints. Great with our staff, fantastic with our guests, a phenomenal show, Bob working with you is always a pleasure. We here at Bayview Wildwood can’t wait to have you back again.
CLEVELANDS HOUSE, Valerie Coombs Resort Experience Manager (2013)
- Thank you for spending another fantastic summer with us. Our guests loved your show and always had remarkable things to say about you on our comment cards. It’s always a pleasure to watch your juggling workshop on the North Lodge lawn or to watch our guests in awe of your latest trick. Your family is always welcome at our resort and we hope to see you again next year.
Your show hits the mark perfectly with our guests, providing fantastic family entertainment. Your professional manner is wonderful to work with and you provide a consistent show. It was remarkable that you and your wife were trying a new trick on the last show of the season. It’s nice to see entertainment that is always looking to grow. Comedy in Motion is one of a kind and we were lucky to have you for summer 2013.
BAYVIEW WILDWOOD RESORT, Ken Martin, Recreation Manager (2007)
- What can I say? You have incredible talent, an amazing show and the ability to keep the audience in awe and on the edge of their seat for the entire performance. The professionalism and quality in which you deliver your shows is seen every week as the comments pour in about your show. Our guests are wanting more saying, “I hope he’ll be back next year!”
Being a family oriented resort I find the best part of your performance is the involvement and interaction you have with our guests. Adults, children, and at times, the entire audience have an opportunity to participate making your show a fantastic experience for everyone.
Thank you so much for a summer of great performances and I look forward, as do the guests, to having you return next year
FERN RESORT, Robert Downing, President (2006)
- Our Sales Manager John Sylvester saw Bob Cafes perform on his Caribean Cruise. He was impressed and felt the show would be perfect for Fern Resort.
While talking to Mr. Cates he was delighted to find out his home base was in the Kitchener - Waterloo Area. Therefore a greater chance to get this exceptional performer.
We have a 350 seat Theatre where our entertainment takes place each evening. We use a different Headliner or show each evening.
We check all the guests comment cards at summers end to see how the entertainment rated. Bob Cates-Comedy in Motion rated No. l on the list. 90% of the guests rated his show excellent. 9% Good and 1% Satisfactory.
We are a Family Resort with a mixture of Families some with their Grandparents, Seniors and Couples. This is an impossible challenge to keep all of these age groups happy from 3yrs to 90 years, but Bob Cates - Comedy in Motion DID just that, and we were delighted.
We are having Mr. Cates back for the 2007 Season.
DELAWANA INN SPA & CONFERENCE RESORT, Gary Don, Social Director
- I am writing this letter to provide you some unsolicited feedback regarding your performances here at the Delawana Inn Spa & Conference Resort during the 2007 summer season, It is my pleasure to say that it has been a great experience having worked with an extraordinary person hke yourself.
The show was a complete success every week! The turn-outs as well as subsequent comments were phenomenaL You showed a ton of dedication. enthusiasm and care to each performance. Your outstanding personality and ability to work with the resort's clientele (people 0t all ages) are second to none. While maintaining a safe environment. the creativity and fun that you exhibited were never compromised.
Comedy in Motion is a great asset to our Social Itinerary! Your willingness to do the best job possible and go above and beyond the call of duty is unparalleled and has definitely left a lasting impression with everyone you have ever come in contact with here at this resort
I wish you the best of luck in whatever the future may hold and look forward to seeing you next year!
WILDWOOD RESORT, Brian McMahon
- The show was absolutely terrific. The ladies loved it and Bob and his wife were very professional. Over all hit.
DELAWANA INN & RESORT, Karen Leeson Upshaw
- We caught your show in early July (and the juggling lesson the next morning) at the Del. You are as talented and entertaining as always, and you continue to add new twists to keep things fresh. The lasers had us laughing till our cheeks hurt, and the plates had us shrieking until we were hoarse! I hope to see you next year-you're a big part of the joy in looking forward to our annual vacation. (PS I think "talented" is a gross understatement in your case!)
SHERKSTON SHORES, Justin Allsopp, Guest Experience Manager
- Bob performed at Sherkston Shores resort on several occasions during the summer of 2013. Bob was a MASSIVE hit with our guests and his shows were both funny and entertaining for all ages.
Bob also performed short workshops for our guests the following morning to show them how some of the acts were performed. This was a great added bonus and really gave our guests the chance to enjoy the shows to the full
CLEVELANDS HOUSE, Tom Desloges (2006)
Clevelands House Resort has had the pleasure of presenting Bob Cates’ “Comedy in Motion” performance on a weekly basis throughout our entire 2006 season. Clevelands House is Canada’s largest and oldest privately owned and operated resort catering up to 500 guests on any given week. During our operating season Clevelands House concentrates on the Family Vacation market and this creates a very broad audience demographic as young and old come out together to enjoy our nightly entertainment.
Entertaining this entire group of diverse spectators can sometimes be a challenge for other entertainers but Bob quickly demonstrated that his innovative show appealed to all ages. Right from the start Bob’s vibrant personality cut through any barriers and quickly developed a rapport with his audience. Our guests watched in amazement as Bob performed his fast paced feats of juggling and complimented them with his even quicker wit.
The “Comedy in Motion” show was not only funny and entertaining but was interactive as well. Bob found ways to incorporate his audience at every opportunity and was kind enough to include a juggling workshop as part of his package. This was very well received by our guests and had an incredible turn out from week to week.
From a professional standpoint Bob was a pure pleasure to deal with. He was always well prepared before his performances making sure every detail was covered. Following his shows Bob was interested in all the guest feedback that we received and continually looked to improve the act wherever possible.
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Bob for all his efforts in 2006 and express our excitement of having him back in our 2007 entertainment line-up.
BAYVIEW WILDWOOD RESORT, Ken Martin, Recreation Manager (2006)
- You continually amaze our guests and are consistently receiving incredible reviews on our comment cards. I would rate you as the best show we have had here in years.
Now that the summer has finally ended and I can find some time to catch up with all my paper/computer work I would like to thank you for another summer of great entertainment. You were, again, one of our top entertainers this summer. The guests always love your show and consistently hold you high in the ratings. You have been extremely pleasant and a joy to have here at the resort. Your performances are always incredible and delivered with the same high standards of quality, laughter and just plain old fashioned fun. You and your team have been great to work with and I look forward to having you back at the resort in future years to come.